Laser Cutting Service (up to 12" x 20")
Why not let us do the cutting? Just upload your design in PDF format and order the material you would like us to laser cut. We'll run your file on the laser cutter and ship it out. We can usually cut your file in 1-2 business days. You must purchase the material with the same order. We can laser cut acrylic, paper, cardboard, any of our wood-based materials, and leather. The maximum thickness is 6mm (1/4 inch). The maximum panel size we can cut is 12 inches by 20 inches. So, the material you purchase must be smaller than 12 inches by 20 inches. We simply charge a flat fee to run your file based on the material thickness.
Please follow these instructions exactly. We will run your file exactly as submitted.
- You must order the material to be cut at the same time as the laser cutting services. (Otherwise, we don't know what to cut.)
- We can cut any "laserable" material up to 12 inches by 20 inches. These materials include paper, cardboard, paper-based boards, wood-based materials (including medium-density fiberboard, hardwood, and plywood), acrylics, and leather.
- The maximum cutting area is 11 x 19.5 inches.
- Your file must be a PDF file that is sized to be the same as the panel you order -- usually 12 x 20 inches.
- We will interpret your file exactly as follows:
- Black lines are CUT all the way through.
- Blue lines are SCORED (cut about half way through the material)
- Green FILL areas are etched/engraved. Any embedded image is etched/engraved.
- Any other colors are IGNORED.
- Cutting tolerances are consistent with normal laser cutting practices as on Glowforge, Universal, or Epilog devices (typically +/- 0.005inches).
- The laser kerf (the width of the cut) varies somewhat by material and thickness, but is about 0.009in (0.22mm).
You can create a PDF file using any design tool, including Adobe Illustrator, Inkscape, CorelDraw, or even Powerpoint. Make sure your "canvas" or "page" is set to the correct size (usually 12 x 20 inches) and that your lines and fills are all within the cut area of 11 x 19.5 inches.
EXAMPLE PDF File -- MakerStock Lizards
Design template files: