Baltic Birch Plywood B/BB Grade Oversize - 24" x 48" and 30" x 30" (1/2" and 3/4" Thick)
Baltic Birch Plywood – B/BB grade
Large Baltic birch plywood for laser cutting, engraving and DIY projects.
Sometimes called European plywood it uses hardwood birch veneers for the faces and the core. The most distinctive feature of Baltic birch is that the edges are attractive, uniform stripes of hardwood veneer, usually alternating light and dark bands. That edge is largely free of voids.
So, you can typically just sand the edge and allow the edge to be seen, as often is used in European furniture, cabinets, and store fixtures.
Specifications and Dimensions
- 1/2" / 12mm or 3/4" / 18mm nominal thickness.
- Outer veneers are typically 0.75mm thick and the inner veneers are typically 1.5mm thick.
- All MakerStock panel dimensions are cut to tolerances of +0in/-0.188in.
- Our Baltic birch is B/BB, which means the better side is grade B and the worse side is BB. The B side is beautiful, with no knots or patches. The BB side is also very nice, but will usually have a few pin knots, only 2-3mm across, and perhaps a “football” patch. Typically you design your object such that the BB face is on the backside or inside of an assembled object.
- Density runs about 680 kg/m3 or 0.025 lb/in3.
- Cut and shape with any wood working tools
- Paint and stain receptive.
- Laser Cutting
- Laser Engraving
- CNC Milling and Machining
FOR CUSTOM SIZES, contact us at email@example.com.
We Also Recommend
Baltic Birch Plywood B/BB Grade Oversize - 24" x 48" and 30" x 30" (1/8" - 3/8")
Baltic Birch Plywood UV Prefinished 2S B/BB– FULL SHEET WITH 3 CUTS (1/2")