Polystyrene - White
High Impact Polystyrene (HIPS)- White Styrene Sheet
This is pre-cut white polystyrene. White polystyrene sheets are ideal for silk screening, die-cutting and thermoforming, prototyping and much more.
What is Polystyrene?
Polystyrene is a versatile, rigid plastic panel made by polymerizing - stringing together - styrene molecules. Styrene is liquid in nature, and can be found in many foods, such as strawberries, coffee and beef. It is also created synthetically, with a chemically identical profile as as natural styrene.
Polystyrene is prized throughout industries for it's dimensional stability, durability and inexpensiveness. It is also waterproof, thermally stable and chemically inert.
Some common uses include food packaging, laboratory equipment, automotive parts and appliances.
Polystyrene is most commonly available in white, but color additives are common depending on the industry and end use.
It is also often sold in it's solid form or as a foam.
MakerStock polystyrene is a solid form, stocked in both white and black.
Cut using hot wire cutter, or sharp knife.
- POS Displays, Signs, Fixtures
- Frames, Wall Art, Decorations
- Display Boards
- Automotive Parts
- Polystyrene is flammable but can be laser cut with a 10.6 or 9.3 micron CO2 laser.
- Laser cut polystyrene has a smooth and melted surface. Laser engraving is not recommended.
- Chemically inert
- Easy to work with
Specifications and Dimensions
- Available in 2mm and 3mm nominal thicknesses.
- Thickness tolerances of +/-10%.
- Cut tolerances of +0in/-0.188in.
Stock Sizes and Custom Cuts Available
FOR CUSTOM SIZES, contact us at email@example.com.