PETG - Clear
This is pre-cut clear PETG. Clear PETG sheets are ideal for thermoforming, prototyping and cost-effective fabrication and sign material.
What is PETG?
PETG, or PET-G, short for Polyethylene Terephthalate Glycol, is a clear, glossy, thermoplastic material with great impact strength, durability and chemical resistance. The best known name for PETG sheets is VIVAK®.
- POP or POS displays and signage
- Food containers and medical devices.
- Die cutting
- Models and Prototypes
- Printing and Painting Base
- Can be thermoformed, strip heated and bent, or brake formed
- Can be die cut, drilled, milled and routed
- Can be hot stamped, silk screened, printed or painted
- High impact strength; more impact resistant than acrylic
- Low temperature forming (250°- 300°F)
- Continuous use temperature of 145°F
- Limited UV resistance
- Rated for indoor use
Laser Cutting PETG
- Laser cutting is possible with PETG, but often requires some experimentation with laser frequency and speed settings. Try using a higher frequency and lower speed.
- Laser engraving is not recommended on thinner PETG sheets as it is likely to warp the material
- If raster engraving PETG, remove film mask, but be advised it can leave white heat marks on the material, which can be cleaned using mild soap and water
- Vector engraving, scoring or cutting should be done with protective mask intact to protect the surface from heat marks.
Specifications and Dimensions
- Available from .020 through .040 in thickness.
- .020 thickness is 0.134 lb/sf
- .030 thickness is 0.201 lb/sf
- .040 thickness is 0.267 lb/sf
Stock Sizes and Custom Cuts Available
FOR CUSTOM SIZES, contact us at email@example.com.