Acrylic (Fluorescent Transparent Light Blue)
Cast Acrylic (PMMA) Sheet
What is cast acrylic?
Cast Acrylic Sheet is a rigid plastic panel made from polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA). Some of the registered trademarks under which acrylic is sold are Plexiglas™ (Arkema) and Lucite™ (Lucite International / DuPont).
Acrylic is available in many colors and opacities, but in its pure form is highly transparent – essentially glass-like in appearance. You can buy acrylic sheets for laser cutting, school projects, home projects, and more right here at MakerStock, the ultimate materials marketplace for modern makers.
FOR CUSTOM SIZES, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Laser cutting acrylic works beautifully, with most lab cutters cutting thicknesses up to 1/4in and many cutting up to 1/2in or more. Acrylic is a very popular laser cutting material because it cuts at relatively low power and produces a smooth glossy cut edge. Building with acrylic is a great option because acrylic is strong, versatile, and durable enough to withstand the test of time. Unless you need some special material properties, and if you want to laser cut something out of “plastic,” you should use acrylic. Buying acrylic online is the best guarantee of getting a plastic material for your projects.
Specifications and Dimensions
As seen in the photos, this acrylic is fluorescent blue colored and transparent. Fluorescent acrylic is special because it adds a special glow to the edges of your acrylic sheet. Fluorescent blue, transparent acrylic sheets for laser cutting have many uses, and you can buy this fluorescent blue plexiglass online in whatever sizes and thicknesses you need. We do custom sizing and custom cutting as well!
We stock acrylic in 1/8 and 1/4 nominal thicknesses. The actual thickness of the "1/8" is 0.118in and of the "1/4" is 0.241in. Of course, MakerStock provides pre-cut acrylic panels in the right sizes for the laser cutter, or to a size convenient for your project. All MakerStock panel dimensions are cut to tolerances of +0in/-0.188in. That is, the panel will always be up to 3/16in undersized so that it will definitely fit a machine with the corresponding nominal bed size.
Our acrylic comes with a paper or plastic film applied to both sides of the material. This protects it from scratching. Once you’ve finished fabricating your parts, you simply peel off the film.
The density of acrylic is about 1180 kg/m3 or 0.043 lb/in3, so acrylic is quite a bit heavier than wood, but only about 40% of the density of aluminum.
This color has 92% light transmission.
Industry color code 9092.
- 1/8 inch 12x20 Fluorescent Light Blue Acrylic
- 1/8 inch 12x24 Fluorescent Light Blue Acrylic
- 1/8 inch 12x32 Fluorescent Light Blue Acrylic
- 1/8 inch 18x24 Fluorescent Light Blue Acrylic
- 1/8 inch 18x32 Fluorescent Light Blue Acrylic
- 1/8 inch 24x24 Fluorescent Light Blue Acrylic
- 1/8 inch 24x36 Fluorescent Light Blue Acrylic
- 1/4 inch 12x20 Fluorescent Light Blue Acrylic
- 1/4 inch 12x24 Fluorescent Light Blue Acrylic
- 1/4 inch 12x32 Fluorescent Light Blue Acrylic
- 1/4 inch 18x24 Fluorescent Light Blue Acrylic
- 1/4 inch 18x32 Fluorescent Light Blue Acrylic
- 1/4 inch 24x24 Fluorescent Light Blue Acrylic
- 1/4 inch 24x36 Fluorescent Light Blue Acrylic
- Custom cut, custom size Fluorescent Light Blue Acrylic