Baltic Birch Plywood B/BB Grade – FULL SHEET WITH 3 CUTS (1/2" and 3/4")
Ever tried buying a sheet of baltic birch plywood from Lowes or Home Depot? It's not possible. It’s also tough buying on line, because the panel size exceeds the standard ground shipping dimensions for UPS and FedEx. We feel your pain and have come up with a solution. A standard baltic birch panel is 60x60 inches. If you choose just three dimensions (W, L1, and L2), we will make the three cuts and ship by regular ground shipping.
This is our standard B/BB baltic birch -- same as for our pre-cut panels, but with the full sheet cut-to-size option. This product takes 4-5 business days to ship. If you just need a smaller piece (e.g., 24x36), you can order just a pre-cut panel from our regular Baltic Birch listing under “wood.” If you need specific sizes not listed on our site, it may be more economical to ask us for a quote so you don't pay for the full sheet: email@example.com.PLEASE READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BELOW.
IF YOU JUST NEED SINGLE PIECES OR A CUSTOM SIZE AND NOT THE FULL 60x60 SHEET, PLEASE EMAIL US AT firstname.lastname@example.org. It could save you in shipping charges.
Enter W, L1, L2:
- W is the horizontal cut across the sheet (Min=12, Max=48)
- L1 is the vertical on the bottom half, up to the W line (Min=12, Max=36)
- L2 is the vertical on the top half, down to the W line (Min=12, Max=36)
Here's an example of how specifying dimensions works:
Here are some more details:
- Just three cuts. The goal here is to get the panel small enough that it can be shipped at low cost.
- Here's the tricky part. (Do your best, but if you get it wrong, we'll let you know by email and we'll probably be able to work something out.) FedEx ground requires that the Length + "Girth" of a carton be less than 124 inches, or else there is a huge oversize charge. Our goal is to stay smaller than this.
- Your cuts (W, L1, and L2) need to be such that the biggest piece of plywood has a long side (LS) and shorter side (SS) such that LS + (2 x SS) is equal to or less than 120 inches. If that's true, then we can probably make a carton that fits under the oversize charge.
If you have a custom request or questions, please email us at email@example.com with any notes you feel are needed to make clear what you want. We'll take it from there and get your plywood out to you. If the carton will be too large, we'll get back to you right away and work with you to adjust the cuts.
A few other tricks are worth noting. Full 1 inch (e.g., 25mm) baltic birch plywood is hard to come by. You can work around this pretty easily by gluing together two 1/2inch (12mm) panels. It comes out nice. Typically you’ll want to glue this up with regular wood glue (e.g., Titebond or whatever you like) in smaller pieces (e.g., just larger than what you need) and then trim the panel so you get a perfect edge. We have a blog post on this.