Treefrog Prefinished Veneer - Wenge Straight Grain
Wenge Straight Grain Prefinished Wood Veneer by Treefrog
Wenge is a beautiful, tropical, dark brown wood with striking, closely spaced black bands.
Straight grains run parallel to the length of the tree, with few curls or waves.
What is Treefrog?
Treefrog is a real wood veneer with a laminate backer and a polyurethane topcoat. It is often used for wall panels, furniture and cabinets, in both residential and commercial settings. The ease of installation, along with the time and labor savings from using a prefinished veneer make this a popular product for designers.
When installing, use a substrate that is flat, even, and free of defects and debris. For best results, use MDF, HDF, or Baltic Birch Plywood. Drywall is not recommended. Keep in mind that the more resistant the substrate is to dimensional change, the better your long term results.
For larger surfaces, we suggest using counterbalancing with veneers of similar thickness to help prevent warping.
- 1mm nominal thickness
- 20mm longitudinal and transversal bending radius
- Matte Polyurethane topcoat provides rubbed wax effect finish
- Product #60704
- Prefinished. Wenge Straight Grain comes with a Wax Effect/Matte Polyurethane Topcoat.
- Phenolic laminate backer helps ensure quick, easy and proper adhesion to suitable substrate.
- Film mask covering. To protect surface, do not remove film mask until after fabrication/finishing work is complete. Use masking tape to protect edges when finishing.
- Easy to apply with the use of contact cement/adhesive.
- Made in Italy.
Care and Storage
- Recommended for indoor use only.
- Use on vertical and light duty horizontal surfaces. Consider protective glass or acrylic covering for heavy duty horizontal use.
- Acclimate Treefrog, substrate and any adhesives for 72 hours prior to fabrication, in a warm and dry environment.
- Use a damp cloth and non-abrasive cleaning solutions. Avoid using acetone or trichloroethylene.
- Store flat
- All panel sizes are nominal. Cut tolerance +/- 0.125